VISA REQUIREMENTS FOR FLAG 2019
Travelers to the FLAG 2019 Conference in Orlando must meet VISA requirements under the BUSINESS VISITOR VISA (B-1) status.
• VISA WAIVER PROGRAM (“VWP”) allows most citizens or nationals of participating countries to travel to the US if they meet the following requirements
1) Travelers must have a valid Electronic System for Travel Authorization (ETSA) approval prior to travel.
2) You must have an e-passport to use the VWP. You can readily identify an e-Passport, because it has a unique international symbol on the cover.
3) COUNTRIES ELIGIBLE for VWP (travelers who are citizens or nationals from these countries do not need a VISA):
Andorra, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brunei, Chile, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Monaco, Netherlands, New Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, United Kingdom**
**To be eligible to travel under the VWP, British citizens must have the unrestricted right of permanent abode in England, Scotland, Wales, Northern Ireland, the Channel Islands, and the Isle of Man.
***NOTE: Travelers in the following categories are no longer eligible to travel or be admitted to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program (VWP):
• Nationals of VWP countries who have traveled to or been present in Iran, Iraq, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, or Yemen on or after March 1, 2011 (with limited exceptions for travel for diplomatic or military purposes in the service of a VWP country).
• Nationals of VWP countries who are also nationals of Iran, Iraq, Sudan, or Syria.
FOR MORE INFORMATION ON VWP REQUIREMENTS at:
If you are not eligible for VWP, then you will need to apply for a visa.
Letter of Invitation
In order to apply for a visa, FLAG will issue you a Letter of Invitation for the dates of the conference (April 4-8, 2019) plus appropriate travel time.
The Letter of Invitation will only be emailed after the full registration payment has been received. (IF the visa is denied, a full refund of the registration fee will be issued.)
If you need an original copy of the Letter of Invitation or a notarized Letter of Invitation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with this request and mailing instructions.